Cheshire residents are being invited to share their views on Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service's plans for the future.
The Service has launched a draft version of its Integrated Risk Management Plan (IRMP) for 2020-2024. This action plan sets out how Cheshire Fire Authority intends to address some of the challenges it will face over the next four years.
Cllr Bob Rudd, the Chair of the Fire Authority, said: "It is important that residents do get involved with this consultation and share their views. Their feedback really helps us to shape the future of Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service.”
This consultation will aim to get people’s views on a range of proposals, which include:
- Returning a second fire engine to Chester
- Replacing one of our aerial appliances and a fire engine with a modern firefighting vehicle that does the job of both
- Changing the crewing system at Wilmslow to provide guaranteed, 24/7 cover.
- Unrolling a fleet of 13 rapid rescue response units (RRRUs) to support our on-call capability
- Expanding our Safe and Well visits to include single adult and lone parent households
- Reviewing our risk-based inspection programme to ensure that fire safety regulations are complied with and are prioritised on the premises that pose the greatest risk to life.
Mark Cashin, Chief Fire Officer for Cheshire Fire and Rescue Service, explained: "We maintain a strong focus on both the safety of our communities and our firefighters. I would really like people to get involved with this consultation and share their thoughts about the direction we are planning to take as a Service.
“They can do that either online or by visiting one of our roadshows which are being held across the county in January, February and March.”
If you would like to have your say you can do so by visiting www.cheshirefire.gov.uk and searching for Have Your Say, where the full draft plan can also be viewed. Alternatively, you can visit one of our roadshows where you can talk to staff about the full range of proposals:
- Wednesday 15 January, 11am to 1pm - Northwich Asda
- Friday 17 January, 11am to 1pm - Ellesmere Port Market
- Monday 20 January, 11am to 1pm - Wilmslow Sainsburys
- Friday 24 January, 11am to 1pm - Birchwood shopping centre
- Tuesday 28 January, 11am to 1pm - Runcorn shopping centre
- Tuesday 4 February, 11am to 1pm - Congleton Tesco
- Wednesday 12 February, 11am to 1pm - Macclesfield Sainsburys
- Monday 17 February, 11am to 1pm - Crewe Market Centre
- Thursday 20 February, 11am to 1pm - Widnes Morrisons
- Monday 24 February, 11am to 1pm - Warrington Golden Square
- Thursday 5 March, 11am to 1pm - Chester Tesco