.

Latchford Community Rally Together To Help Family Who Lost Everything In House Fire

Rebecca Lawton and her three young children are now homeless after a faulty hover board charger started a blaze in their home in Latchford.

The family have been left with no possessions after the fire destroyed their entire home on Prescott Street.

Rebecca left one her children's hover boards on charge while she popped out on the school run, but in just 15 minutes her home was ablaze, which left significant fire damage and her house uninhabitable.

Tina Kaminski who's son goes to school with Rebecca's youngest daughter is one of the mums at the school who is trying to help the family get back on their feet: "It's a small community and the mums have all been getting together to try to collect things that are just the essentials, towels, bedding, pj's for the children, school uniforms, toys because literally everything has gone.

"Bags have been brought into school this morning and everyone is having a good sort through.

"One of the mums has put together a crowd funding page, to try and raise some money so she can go and buy some essentials to make life a bit more normal

"They've literally lost everything, they came away with the clothes on their back that they were wearing that day, and that's it, that's all they've got."

More than £2,000 has already been raised by the community after just one day.

Tina now wants to raise awareness of the dangers of leaving a charger plugged in and switched on: "I've come home and I've found loads of chargers left in the wall without anything being plugged into it.

"It's just frightening, as this could happen to any of us at anytime.

"It could have been a very different story if it had happened over night."

To donate go to the Just Giving page.

 

 

More from Local


Cover art for Ain't Nobody

On Air

Baz Todd playing Rufus / Chaka Khan - Ain't Nobody